Oracle Cloud Foundations
This Oracle Cloud Foundation class is designed to provide foundational, cross-application knowledge about getting started with Oracle's Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud offerings. The course starts at the point you receive your email acknowledging your order, and describes the steps you need to take to create console users and contacts, then activate your services. After describing ways to get help with your implementation, it describes implementation best practices, such as avoiding an approach of duplicating your old implementation (lift-and-shift) in favor of planning an implementation that leverages the existing functionality of the application (design-tailor-deploy).
- Order and activate Oracle cloud services. Manage administrative users. Monitor Oracle cloud services.li> Manage updates. Use recommended practices to maximize system performance. Plan projects for the cloud. Work efficiently with Oracle Support to resolve issues.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, you'll gain an understanding of how to successfully plan, implement, and administer your Oracle cloud applications to maximize your cloud experience.
You'll learn the differences between on-premise implementations and Oracle cloud deployments and how to effectively plan your projects.
Learn the key terminology and concepts around ordering, activating, and managing your subscriptions.
Finally learn how to work with Oracle Support, manage your updates, and orchestrate your solution to optimize performance.
However, as this is a seminar Oracle University does not include hands-on activities for students.
- Business Analysts
- System Admins
- Define a cloud-based application
- Identify the types of user in the Oracle Cloud Console
- Use the Oracle Cloud Console to manage your application instance
- Describe the recommended approach to implementing Oracle Cloud applications
- Oracle Cloud Console and Services
- Accounts, Contacts, Users, and Administrators
- Monitoring, Notifications, and Support
- Environments, Considerations, and Updates
- Recommendations for Planning Your Implementation