Oracle Cloud Foundations
This Oracle Cloud Foundations class is designed to provide foundational, cross-application knowledge about deploying Oracle's Software as a Service (Saas) cloud offerings.
- Order and activate Oracle cloud services.
Manage administrative users.
Monitor Oracle cloud services.li> Manage updates.
Use recommended practices to maximize system performance.
Plan projects for the cloud.
Work efficiently with Oracle Support to resolve issues.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, you'll gain an understanding of how to successfully plan, implement, and administer your Oracle cloud applications to maximize your cloud experience.
You'll learn the differences between on-premise implementations and Oracle cloud deployments and how to effectively plan your projects.
Learn the key terminology and concepts around ordering, activating, and managing your subscriptions.
Finally learn how to work with Oracle Support, manage your updates, and orchestrate your solution to optimize performance.
However, as this is a seminar Oracle University does not include hands-on activities for students.
- Cloud Administrator
- Understand and plan for updates to your environment
- Use best practices to ensure optimal system performance for your cloud environments
- Work with Oracle Support to receive the timely assistance that you need in managing your environments
- Identify additional resources to help you work in the cloud
- Understand and manage your Oracle Cloud environments
- Updates and maintenance
- Database and middleware access
- Key Concepts
- My Accounts and My Services portals
- Account administrators, identifity domain administrators, and service administrators
- Orders and paid subscriptions
- Status history and utilization
- Notifications, emails, and product event notification (PEN)
- Security overview
- Service entitlements
- Environment service requests (refresh, resize, and add)
- Language packs
- Service requests
- Extensions and tailoring
- Project Planning
- Considerations, scope, and impact
- Staff roles
- Recommended practices