Oracle Database 11g: Administer a Data Warehouse
This course will help you understand the basic concepts of administering a data warehouse. You'll learn to use various Oracle Database features to improve performance and manageability in a data warehouse.
- Implement partitioning.
- Use parallel operations to reduce response time.
- Extract, transform and load data.
- Create, use and refresh materialized views to improve data warehouse performance.
- Use query rewrite to quickly answer business queries using materialized views.
- Use SQL access advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrites.
- Identify the benefits of partitioning, in addition to using parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations.
Benefits To You
Expert instructors will also teach you how to extract, transform and load data into an Oracle database warehouse. Discover how to use SQL Access Advisor to optimize the entire workload. Use materialized views to improve data warehouse performance and learn how query rewrites can improve performance.
- Good working knowledge of SQL and in data warehouse design and implementation
- Data Warehouse design, implementation, and maintenance experience
- Ability to read and understand execution plans
- Database Administrator
- Use parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations
- Extract, Transform, and Load data in the data warehouse
- Create, use, and refresh materialized views to improve the data warehouse performance
- Use Query rewrite to quickly answer business queries using materialized views
- Use SQL Access Advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrite
- Use the features of compression and resumable sessions
- Review the basic Oracle data warehousing concepts
- Data Warehouse Design: Overview
- Data Warehouse Tuning Considerations
- Partitioning Basics
- Parallelism Concepts
- Parallel Operations in Data Warehouses
- ETL: Extraction and Transportation
- ETL: Loading
- ETL: Transformation
- Materialized Views
- Refreshing Materialized Views
- Working With Dimensions
- Query Rewrite
- Using the SQL Access Advisor, Compression, and Resumable Sessions