Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Release 2
This Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Release 2 course explores the fundamentals of basic database administration. Expert Oracle University instructors will reinforce topics with structured hands-on practices that will prepare you for the corresponding Oracle Certified Associate exam.
- Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure.
- Create and manage users.
- Install and configure an Oracle Database.
- Create and manage storage structures.
- Administer the Oracle Database.
- Understand the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another.
- Perform backup and recovery.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling smooth and rapid consolidation within your Datacenter.
Create an Operational Database
You will also learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner. This includes performance monitoring, database security, user management and backup/recovery techniques.
This Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Release 2 course fulfills the training requirement for an Oracle Certification Path. Only instructor-led online (LVC, LWC), in-class (ILT) or Training On Demand courses fulfill the requirement. Please note that Self-Study Courses and Knowledge Center courses do not fulfill the training requirement.
- Taken Oracle PL/SQL course or equivalent experience
- Taken Oracle Introduction to SQL course or equivalent experience
- Database Administrator
- Create and administer user accounts
- Manage data concurrency
- Perform basic backup and recovery of a database
- Describe Oracle Database Architecture
- Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Install and configure Oracle Database 11g
- Configure Oracle Net services
- Monitor performance
- Monitor and administer undo data
- Manage the database storage structures
- Exploring the Oracle Database Architecture
- Installing your Oracle Software
- Creating an Oracle Database
- Managing the Oracle Database Instance
- Manage the ASM Instance
- Configuring the Oracle Network Environment
- Managing Database Storage Structures
- Administering User Security
- Managing Data Concurrency
- Managing Undo Data
- Implementing Oracle Database Auditing
- Database Maintenance
- Performance Management
- Backup and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Database Backups
- Performing Database Recovery
- Moving Data
- Working with Support