Oracle Linux 5 & 6 System Administration
This Oracle Linux System Administration training helps you develop a range of skills, including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel and configuring Linux services. Prepare the system for the Oracle Database, monitor, troubleshoot and more. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution.
- Enable kernel features.
- Set up users and groups.
- Configure system logging, the boot process, the network and storage.
- Install additional software packages.
- Keep the kernel up to date using Ksplice.
- Configure services such as NFS, FTP, OpenSSH, PAM.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution.
Benefits to You
You'll walk away from this course with the ability to handle typical issues administrators face, including authentication, securing and monitoring. You'll develop a deeper understanding of the kernel development model, as well as Linux distributions. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you become familiar with the latest Linux innovations, delivering extreme performance, advanced scalability and reliability for enterprise applications and systems. Implementing Ksplice also provides you zero down time kernel updates.
- Basic shell scripting
- Text editing using vi
- Unix process control
- Archiving and compressing files in Unix
- UNIX and Linux Essentials Ed 2
- Must complete the Unix Basics pre-requisite course or equivalent knowledge
- Unix shell command line features
- Types of user accounts
- Working with files and directories in Unix
- Database Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Install Oracle Linux
- Load kernel modules and configure kernel module parameters
- Perform User and Group administration
- Create file systems
- Use Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Configure RAID devices
- Configure File Sharing services (NFS, FTP, OpenSSH)
- Prepare Oracle Linux system for Oracle database
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective action
- Install software packages from Unbreakable Linux Network and other repositories
- Use Ksplice to update the kernel on a running system
- Configure system logging
- Perform Security Administration (iptables, chroot, TCP wrappers)
- Load and configure the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- Maintain swap space
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Oracle Linux
- Installing Oracle Linux
- Linux Boot Process
- System Configuration
- Package Management
- Automate Tasks
- Kernel Module Configuration
- User and Group Administration
- File Systems
- Storage Administration
- Network Configuration
- File Sharing
- OpenSSH Service
- Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM)
- Security Administration
- Oracle on Oracle
- System Monitoring
- System Logging
- Oracle Cloud Computing