Oracle SuperCluster Administration and Maintenance Seminar
The Oracle SuperCluster seminar will help you develop the skills to successfully describe, configure, maintain, administer and troubleshoot software and hardware on the Oracle SuperCluster T5-8. Explore the architecture and components of a Oracle SuperCluster, while deep diving into the available features.
- Perform common system administration tasks.
- Use tools to help simplify administration.
- Perform common tasks on the Oracle SuperCluster including backup/recovery.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the Oracle SuperCluster.
- Administer the Oracle SuperCluster.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this seminar, you'll explore data replication and disaster recovery configurations. Developing these new skills will ensure rapid recovery in case of system or data loss.
- Oracle Solaris 11 Zones Administration Ed 1 LVC
- Experience with Unix, Servers, and Storage
- Experience with LDoms and ZFS
- Oracle Solaris 10 and Oracle Solaris 11 Administration
- Database Administrator
- System Integrator
- Systems Administrator
- List the functions and features of the Oracle SuperCluster
- Identify the components and architecture of the Oracle SuperCluster
- Integrate the Oracle SuperCluster into an existing data center
- Oracle SuperCluster Introduction and Overview
- Distinguish an Oracle SuperCluster physically from a Exadata or Exalogic
- Provide a market comparison with Exalogic and Exadata
- List the main components that compose the Oracle SuperCluster
- Describe the general functionality of the key Oracle SuperCluster HW components
- Describe the general functionality of the key Oracle SuperCluster SW components
- Describe the functionality of the sub-components of the key Oracle SuperCluster components
- List the FRUs in the Oracle SuperCluster
- Functions and Features of the Oracle SuperCluster
- List the targeted applications of the Oracle SuperCluster
- Describe the Oracle SuperCluster functions - optimal performance, high availability, standard configurations, and architected for reduced risk
- Define the Oracle SuperCluster protocols, such as IPoIB, GbE
- Describe the Oracle SuperCluster features
- Discuss the different types of configurations of the Oracle SuperCluster and describe the trade-offs between them
- Describe the difference between zones and logical domains
- Describe tuning for best performance
- Administration and Configuration of the Oracle SuperCluster
- Explain the primary use cases of the Oracle SuperCluster
- Perform system administration tasks
- Perform system administration tasks using Ops Center
- Describe how to use 3rd party management tools
- Describe how to connect an Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 to an Oracle Exadata Storage Expansion Rack
- Maintenance of the Oracle SuperCluster
- Detail the maintenance strategy for the Oracle SuperCluster
- Identify and locate failed hardware components
- Gather information regarding hardware status
- Diagnose system problems
- Monitor overall appliance status
- Basic Troubleshooting of the Oracle SuperCluster
- Describe the LEDs on the components in the Oracle SuperCluster
- Identify the location of all the log files
- Describe the basic troubleshooting methods used in the Oracle SuperCluster
- Common Tasks
- Back up the data - Snapshots and/or Remote Replication
- Recover and restore data, get system back online after a failure
- Discuss disaster recovery setup